Knockomie Inn is a 4 star Inn located on the outskirts of the Morayshire town of Forres. We have 15 bedrooms and offer dining in various rooms throughout the hotel. Knockomie Inn has been owned and personally managed by Gavin and Penny Ellis since 1987. For almost 30 years our guests have enjoyed our warm hospitality and great food.
Knockomie's Customer Promise is
The Knockomie team pledge to provide a friendly, home from home service in a comfortable and traditional environment. Guests can expect a sensitive approach towards their custom which guarantees and honest profit and a memorable experience.
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact reservations on 01309 67146 or e-mail email@example.com
- Our website is kept up-to-date – www.knockomie.co.uk
- You can contact the hotel by telephone: 01309 673146; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are open from 7.00am to 11.00pm although response, eg to emails may be reduced between 7.00pm to 8.00am
- WI-FI is available throughout the hotel.
- We have a list of local attractions upon request.
- The nearest town is Forres – 1.0 miles away.
- The nearest railway station is Forres 1.5 miles away, where there is also a taxi rank. Trains to Edinburgh and Glasgow are available with changes at Aberdeen or Inverness before you journey south.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- All guests can use the main entrance of the hotel. There are steps at the front entrance.
- There are no lifts. Bedrooms are located on the ground and first floor, there are two staircases.
- If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team will assist where possible.
- Outside the main door there is water provided for dogs.
- Provisions for dogs provided, eg water bowl.
- There is a key code entry system for late arrival, the code is available by phoning the hotel. Guests arriving late after 11.00pm are requested to phone in advance to ensure a member of the team will meet you on arrival and show you to your room.
Main Entrance & Reception Area
- There are no steps in the main entrance hall.
- There are a number of sitting areas in hall and lounge.
- Reception is manned from 8am to 10.30pm. Night staff are on call between 10.30pm and 8am.
- Registration can be completed in the reception area. The registration card can be enlarged if required.
- The floor surface through the reception lobby is pine floor and rugs.
- Staff provide a welcome and introduction to the hotel.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are no lifts in the hotel.
- The main bar and dining areas are located on the ground floor.
- Bedrooms are located on ground and first floors
- The hotel is mostly carpeted throughout. The Malt Library and Strathcona Room is a wooden floored area with rugs.
- Bedrooms are accessed key.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- There is a separate guest lounge.
- Photocopying, email, and internet access are available.
- There are one set of public toilets, on the ground floor.
- There is a coat rail are provided by the public toilets.
- A disabled toilet is available in the public toilets
Dining Room, Strathcona Room & Malt Library Bar
- The dining room has different levels where possible the main level seating area is used. There is a step down to the Flower Room.
- The nearest toilets to the bar and restaurant are on the ground floor.
- The Malt Library Bar is situated on the ground floor and has level entry.
- The dining room and Strathcona are on the ground floor which is reached through the hall and bar areas respectively.
- The restaurant is waiting service.
- There is a host desk on entry to the dining rooms where staff will seat you at a table.
- The dining rooms are full waiting service for dinner.
- Buffet breakfast offers cereals, fruits, juices, and a cooked hot breakfast, ordered to your choice.
- Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise our reception staff prior to arrival.
- We regret that due to our location we are unable to offer a Laundry and dry cleaning service.
- There are a series of cabinets in main reception corridor which contain items for sale. These can be purchased through reception.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are 15 bedrooms over 3 floors .
- One bedroom is suitable for wheelchair access.
- Flashing light on smoke detectors.
- TVs have remote control.
- Flooring – carpets in bedrooms, vinyl flooring or tiles in bathrooms.
- Entrance to bedrooms is accessed by stairs or in the case of ground floor room on the flat.
- We do not offer room service.
- All rooms are en-suite.
- Baths are standard height, some with hand-rails.
- Entry is by a key.
- We have interconnecting rooms.
- We have a family room that can sleep up to 4 guests, 2 of which are children on pull out beds.
- The hotel is no smoking throughout.
- If you require assistance during your stay please contact reception.
- We have a set evacuation procedure for fire evacuation – alarm sounders are a continuous alarm. Fire evacuation procedures are displayed in all individual guest rooms.
- Staff are trained in evacuation procedures.
- There is a network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel. Some providers may no t offer good signal cover in this area.
- Dogs may be accommodated in some guests rooms at a small charge they are allowed in reception foyer, lounge, Malt Library bar and Strathcona Room and hotel gardens on a lead.
- We can offer a limited supply of fridge storage.
Address: Knockomie Inn
Telephone: 01309 673146
Fax: 01309 673290 (incoming only)
Hours of operation: 7.00am – 11.00pm
- We plan to upgrade the accommodation we offer over a period of time.
- Our ongoing annual refurbishment plan continually improves the facilities and services we offer.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01309 673146 or email email@example.com